Thursday, November 5, 2009

Rest Peacefully Buddy!

Well i started the day off walking Logan to the bus stop with my son one last time....then i drove over and picked up my friend Jodi..she was there with me today, and i really appreciate it cause i don't know if i could have done it alone..I then drove to the dog park...played fetch with Logan one last time...from there we went and got Logan a double cheese burger and chicken nuggets, because i think if he could talk he would have wanted that...Then i handed him over and said goodbye...goodbye for now Logan until we meet again.

If he wakes in your Arms

I can hardly see through my tears... today I sent my best friend of years and years somewhere he had to go, where pain and sickness he won't have to know.
He's been with me ever since he was a pup... today I've had to give him up. He was sick, we both knew it and I wouldn't put him through it.
How did one like me deserve a friend who wanted just to serve? What was there that made him love me, with nobody else above me?
When I looked into his eyes, never did he criticize, never did he hold a grudge, never did he try to judge. He only gave me kisses and Hugs.
Two last weeks I had to try to find a way to say goodbye. In that time I told him more than I ever had before just how much I loved my pup, how it hurt to give him up. How though gone, he'd always be inside my heart, a part of me.
Then today was no mistaking, I made the decision, my heart was breaking.
"Dear God, let me see him in heaven above!
But for now Lord, please hold him, watch over his rest... if he wakes in Your arms tell him I love him best."

No comments:

Post a Comment